It’s been several years since I’ve participated in a swap, but I did it. We were asked to pick 5 stamp sets from the new Annual Inspirations book, then we were assigned one from our list. I got Ink Blot as my stamp set, and was really excited to get to work.
I knew that many consultants like to create some “noise” using background stamps, and there are hundreds, if not thousands of examples of that on pinterest. I wanted to do something more with the stamps.
Now I had all my flowers cut I need to make them come to life. The colonial white ones are a half inch bigger than the purple and pomegranate ones so they are perfect for some color. Using two of the stamps from Ink Blot I inked some with pomegranate, first and second generation, and some with eggplant. I let them dry overnight. (Not that you need to, but it was late and I was tired!) The next day I dry embossed them to curl the edges and make them have some dimension. I also added a dot of bronze glitz (which is on sale for only $1.95 while supplies last) in the center.
I stamped the main piece of the card using sapphire ink and 4 different stamps from the set. Once I started to dry fit the layers together, they needed something. I added cocoa card stock as a layer directly below the colonial white stamped piece, and another strip across the bottom half of the card. I think the cards needed to be anchored and the dark cardstock took care of that.
As I am not one to have a “blank” inside, I did a little stamping inside as well.
I created these over a month ago, and I really am enjoying how they look. I made a few extras so I would be able to share with others, but so far I’ve been hording them in my studio and letting them bring me a smile. I think it’s time to send one (or maybe two) away from home to let some others smile.